Jan Baetens is professor of cultural studies at the University of Leuven, where he mainly works on Fench poetry and word and image studies.
Among his recent books on these topics are:
- The Graphic Novel. An Introduction (New York, Cambridge University Press, 2014), coauthored with Hugo Frey
- A Voix haute. Poésie et lecture publique (Brussels, Les Impressions Nouvelles, 2016)
- Pour le roman-photo (Brussels, Les Impressions Nouvelles, 2017)
- The Cambridge History of the Graphic Novel (New York, Cambridge University Press, 2018), coedited with Hugo Frey and Steve Tabachnick
- Novelization. From Film to Novel (Columbus, OSU Press)
- The Film Photo Novel. A Cultural History of Forgotten Adaptations (Austin, Texas UP, 2019).
A published poet, he frequently collaborates with visual artists such as Olivier Deprez and Milan Chlumsky.
More info on: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Baetens